Saturday 17 January 2009

Richard Johnston & Friends at Coffeevolution 16th January 2009

Well, I must blog this! The talented slide guitarist and blues exponent plays an all too rare gig in Huddersfield. And at a cool coffee bar which also sells alcohol - see Coffeevolution on wikimapia! Good combination. See Rich's MySpace. Not to be confused with the American Richard Johnston, also a slide blues player, who also has a MySpace page (& some videos up on YouTube).

A wide range of blues was played with gusto & gutso ... all styles from Robert Johnson to C W Stoneking ... from Elmore James to Rory Galagher. I might add a song list later ...

A good time was had by all. Well I enjoyed it.

I feel I should admit that I had some small part in it, playing guitar and singing on some numbers, lest I end up being hounded by the press for dishonest blogging. (No this won't happen, since no one reads this anyway!).